Friday, April 25, 2014

Rabbit Hole Production Blog Day 2

Rabbit Hole Production Blog Day 2




Hey gang, we are back for another day of filming of Rabbit Hole. We were scheduled to film last week but Mike fell extremely ill and we ended up canceling both Saturday and Sunday. It happens and I'm always an advocate of making sure someone is ok, because the movie can wait. 


Now back to the action....


Saturday was a small shooting schedule, we basically had two scenes to film including one special effect. Mike and I collaborated during the week about shot lists and like always, once we got started, those plans changed and we really made some amazing shots. 


Trust me, I'm not blowing smoke when I say this...we really worked out asses off at making the absolute best shots we could get with the two scenes. I'm very proud.


Mike O'Mahony

Everyone arrived at 4pm at our location and I immediately got into make up with our make up guru, Lisa Fisk. Lisa was someone I met during my short stint at the Mt Holly Prison Haunt. I asked Lisa to be a part of this project and I could not be happier with this decision. 


When you hire a make up person, it's always a exciting and nerve racking at the same time. They have ideas and we, the filmmakers have ideas but Lisa envisioned exactly what we envisioned, if not better. 




The scenes were dramatic and it was the first time I was able to be this character. I had struggled with the delivery of the performance and tone of this guy. We had a great PA (Production Assistant) on hand named Erich Ficke who has helped Mike in the past and he was really valuable in this process. We laughed a lot about it while we were filming since Mike and I are supposed to be the directors and yet I'd look to Erich "was that ok?'...haha. We now know who is calling the shots. 


Mike and Rob discussing camera movement
Special Effects are always a scary process because they can either work or not. We brought back special effects artist Gus Clark, who worked on Baggage with me, to handle the few effects we have. While we only have a few effects, they are crucial...because we only have a few. The scene went off really good and we were all happy. 


This coming weekend we have some more very important scenes to film. The weather is going to be fantastic and we have really been fortunate....keep praying to the filming gods for us. Stay tuned right here, as we will be having more information on what else will be on the dvd plus pre sales if you missed the initial opportunities.


1 comment:

  1. I just can't get over watching your voice come out of Teen Wolf's Dad's mouth. So weird! :)

    ReplyDelete